The Get BC Working! Program offers Employment Counselling, Job Entry Skills, Certificate Training, Paid Work Experience, Mentoring and Post Job Placement Support to eligible BC citizens facing challenges to finding employment. Employers that hire and train eligible individuals in jobs offering long-term employment are eligible for a negotiated Wage Subsidy incentive.
The Program is funded by the Government of Canada through the Canada-British Columbia Workforce Development Agreement.
If you have any questions while completing the form please call (250) 861-3100 or toll free 1 (877) 866-3100.Click here to register
- In operation for at least one year
- In good standing with WorkSafeBC
- Must employ an eligible individual for a minimum of 3 months with preference given to long-term positions over 6 months (non-seasonal employment)
- Employers will NOT qualify if employee starts prior to signing Get BC Working Funding Agreement
- Unemployed or Precariously employed (working unstable or irregular hours (such as casual labour or on-call work), working for unreliable wages (such as piecework or commission) and/or working for earnings that cannot support an individual or their family
- Seeking long-term employment
- Facing challenges to obtaining employment
- Not receiving duplicative financial supports from another provincially or federally funded labour market program, though may be receiving complementary, nonduplicative financial supports from other programs, such as WorkBC
- Resident of BC (living in BC as a Canadian, a permanent resident, recent immigrant or a protected person) and legally entitled to work in Canada (not utilizing a student visa, study or closed permit)